“Make it your business, Mr. Draper, not to be noticed.” If you’ve ever admired the enigmatic charm and wisdom of Bertram Cooper from “Mad Men,” you’re in for a refined journey. In this guide, we’ll show you how to create the perfect Bertram Cooper costume, so you can embody the elegance and mystique of this iconic character from the world of 1960s advertising.
From his timeless fashion sense to his enigmatic personality, Bertram Cooper has left a lasting impression on fans of the show. Join us as we step into the sophisticated world of this beloved character and learn how to bring him to life through your costume.
Bertram Cooper Costume – Mad Men
|DKNY Grey Plaid 3-Button Suit||Bertram Cooper is known for his classic and timeless style. The grey plaid suit reflects his commitment to maintaining a traditional and polished appearance.|
|Van Heusen Long Sleeve Oxford Shirt in Light Blue||A light blue Oxford shirt is a staple of Bertram’s wardrobe. It represents the classic office attire of the era and adds a touch of sophistication to the costume.|
|Self-Tie Bow Tie in Red and Sky||Bertram often wears bow ties, and the red and sky-colored bow tie captures his unique fashion sense. It showcases his individuality and attention to detail.|
|Pocket Square in Dark Red||A dark red pocket square adds a finishing touch to the suit jacket, symbolizing Bertram’s commitment to classic style and elegance.|
|Gold Toe Cotton Argyle Socks in Khaki and Heather||Bertram’s attention to detail extends to his choice of socks. The argyle pattern in khaki and heather adds authenticity to the costume and reflects his refined taste.|
|California Costumes The Colonel Beard and Wig||Bertram Cooper is often seen with a distinctive beard and hairstyle. This beard and wig set helps capture his unique appearance and instantly recognizable look.|
|Atlas Shrugged||Bertram Cooper is known for his interest in Ayn Rand’s philosophy, particularly the book “Atlas Shrugged.” Carrying a copy of this book serves as a prop to further authenticate the character.|
Bertram Cooper Overview
Bertram “Bert” Cooper, portrayed by actor Robert Morse in the TV series “Mad Men,” is a character known for his graceful demeanor, unconventional office practices, and deep understanding of the advertising industry. Here’s a glimpse into the world of Bertram Cooper:
1. The Gentleman of Madison Avenue: Bertram Cooper embodies the elegance and manners of a true gentleman. His attire, speech, and demeanor reflect his commitment to maintaining a sense of decorum in the office.
2. Timeless Fashion: Cooper’s wardrobe is a testament to his classic and timeless style. He’s often seen in three-piece suits, complete with vests and pocket watches, evoking the sartorial elegance of the 1960s.
3. Barefoot Philosophy: A quirky aspect of Cooper’s character is his habit of working barefoot in his office. This idiosyncrasy adds to his enigmatic aura and sets him apart from his colleagues.
4. A Mentor and Advisor: Bertram Cooper is one of the founding partners of Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce. He serves as a mentor to the agency’s younger employees, including Don Draper. His sage advice and calm demeanor are highly regarded.
5. A Lover of Japanese Art: Cooper’s office is adorned with Japanese art and decor. His fascination with Japanese culture is a recurring theme and reflects his appreciation for beauty and simplicity.
As you embark on the journey of creating a Bertram Cooper costume, remember to capture his timeless style, his mystique, and his embodiment of a bygone era of sophistication. Now, let’s delve into the details and transform you into the embodiment of Bertram Cooper’s refined and enigmatic character!
See more Mad Men costumes here.